Hmmm … hot stuff. Yummm. This recipe is easy peasy, and turns every dish it touches into something sublime. (For the record, my camera’s rubbish. These look a lot more appetising in the flesh).
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-6 chillis of your choice, chopped
- 2-4 (or more!) cloves of garlic, chopped
- Salt, ginger and herbs and spices to taste
- Optional: curry powder. I LOVE the Durban Curry spice from Imbali Blends. Awesomeness.
- Heat the oil and add the onions and garlic.
- Add the chillis, salt and spices.
- Cook the mixture at a medium to high heat. If it starts sticking to the pan, add a little filtered water and keep cooking it.
- Carry on in this way until the whole mixture is thoroughly cooked: it’ll be soft, and the onions will be translucent.
- Spoon it over meals, or bottle it in enough olive oil to cover the mixture. Store in the fridge.