Experimenting a little with the delicious triumph that was our grain-free chocolate cupcakes, I decided to try chococcino muffins for an early evening kick. Here they are:
- 1 cup nut butter – we used the delicious and imminently affordable macadamia nut butter at our local Spar, but you could use anything you prefer, or even make your own. I think sunbutter would work too, though you run the risk of the cupcakes turning green.
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 3 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ginger (optional)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine all the ingredients except the raisins in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the raisins and pulse for a few minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases.
- The original recipe I used said “bake for about ten minutes”. Ours took at least 20 minutes, so I recommend letting your nose guide you, and poking them with a stick when they smell done, to make doubly sure.