I love different tastes and textures in my food. I love the joy that is roast sunflower seeds and fresh basil on a bed of delicious salad. And I love this: mincemeat with apples. Weird? Perhaps. But don’t knock it ’till you’ve tried it – it’s delicious!
- 2 onions
- 1kg mincemeat (organic if you can find it)
- 2-4 carrots, depending on size (and preference)
- 2 cloves of garlic (or to taste)
- 2 tomatoes (optional)
- 2 apples
- SCD mayonnaise
- Seasoning to taste (I recommend salt, paprika, cumin and a dash of cayenne pepper or curry spice)
- Sautée the onions in a healthhy amount of warm olive oil, with the spices, until things start to get warm, soft and golden brown. Add the chopped garlic.
- Add the mince and brown it nicely. (I usually add more salt here).
- Once the mince is brown, add everything except the mayonnaise. If it stick a little, add some water.
- When it’s come together nicely and just started to soften, ad the mayonnaise.
This is REALLY nice with chillis!