Oh, how I love salad! Simple to prepare (and quick!). Healthy, refreshing and nourishing, and hard not to make it delicious – even with the most miniscule array of ingredients. This salad was a particular triumph.
- Half a head of lettuce
- Two carrots
- Two tomatoes
- Half a cucumber
- One tin of tuna
- One avocado pear (or more!)
- A little cheese – if you’re not lactose intolerant (or if you’d like to “cheat” :))
- An onion
- Two apples
- One tablespoons of honey
- Two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- A few fresh basil leaves
- Seasoning to taste
- SCD-safe mayonnaise
- Chop the onions and sautée them lightly in olive oil until they’re just starting to brown.
- Add the honey and balsamic vinegar, turn down the heat and allow to simmer while you make the salad.
- Chop the vegetables, apple and avo, and layer them prettily in a bowl.
- Put the tuna on top of the salad, then top with the balsamic onions described above.
- Top with cubed cheese.
- Serve with mayonnaise.