I love different tastes and textures in my food. I love the joy that is roast sunflower seeds and fresh basil on a bed of delicious salad. And I love this: mincemeat with apples. Weird? Perhaps. But don’t knock it ’till you’ve tried it – it’s delicious!
- 2 onions
- 1kg mincemeat (organic if you can find it)
- 2-4 carrots, depending on size (and preference)
- 2 cloves of garlic (or to taste)
- 2 tomatoes (optional)
- 2 apples
- SCD mayonnaise
- Seasoning to taste (I recommend salt, paprika, cumin and a dash of cayenne pepper or curry spice)
- Sautée the onions in a healthhy amount of warm olive oil, with the spices, until things start to get warm, soft and golden brown. Add the chopped garlic.
- Add the mince and brown it nicely. (I usually add more salt here).
- Once the mince is brown, add everything except the mayonnaise. If it stick a little, add some water.
- When it’s come together nicely and just started to soften, ad the mayonnaise.
This is REALLY nice with chillis!
Oh, how I love salad! Simple to prepare (and quick!). Healthy, refreshing and nourishing, and hard not to make it delicious – even with the most miniscule array of ingredients. This salad was a particular triumph.
- Half a head of lettuce
- Two carrots
- Two tomatoes
- Half a cucumber
- One tin of tuna
- One avocado pear (or more!)
- A little cheese – if you’re not lactose intolerant (or if you’d like to “cheat” :))
- An onion
- Two apples
- One tablespoons of honey
- Two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- A few fresh basil leaves
- Seasoning to taste
- SCD-safe mayonnaise
- Chop the onions and sautée them lightly in olive oil until they’re just starting to brown.
- Add the honey and balsamic vinegar, turn down the heat and allow to simmer while you make the salad.
- Chop the vegetables, apple and avo, and layer them prettily in a bowl.
- Put the tuna on top of the salad, then top with the balsamic onions described above.
- Top with cubed cheese.
- Serve with mayonnaise.
Chocolate hearts: delicious
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp honey
- (Oh – and a pinch of salt, I nearly forgot!)
Blend all the ingredients. Flavour to taste and set in the fridge.