Before starting SCD, I enjoyed mayonnaise, but I could take it or leave it. a few days without mayo made no difference. Since starting this eating plan and losing so much weight, however, getting all the calories we can get has become important. So has finding delicious food that we’re actually allowed to eat! That’s why this mayonnaise is such a Godsend. We love it, and don’t go more than a day or so without a fresh jar in the fridge.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp salt (we love Imbali Blends Herbal Salt)
- 1 tsp paprika (optional but delicious. Again, we love the one sold by Imbali Blends)
- 3 tbsp lemon/lime juice (apple cider vinegar is also good, or use a mixture of each). You may prefer it more or less tangy, so feel free to experiment.
- 1 tsp mustard. Feel free to experiment with brands, types and quantities. Our favourite is the french wholegrain mustard sold at our local shopping centre. Make sure you check the ingredients in your mustard: no starch of any kind, and no sugar!
- 1 tsp – 1 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- 1 cup oil (not coconut oil. Olive oil is healthy; avocado oil is delicious)
- Blend all the ingredients except the oil until very well combined.
- VERY slowly add the oil, beating all the time.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week (if it lasts that long ;))